Slippin’ Jimmy is back in Better Call Saul for a second season! The first season recently became available on Netflix, so now is the time to get on board with the spin-off prequel to AMC’s Breaking Bad. Follow the origins of James Morgan “Jimmy” McGill six years before his appearance in Breaking Bad as Walter White’s lawyer, Saul Goodman. Although Better Call Saul is a drama, it is generally much lighter than its predecessor. Appearances from Breaking Bad characters Mike Ehrmantraut and Tuco Salamanca, however, will remind you of its darker roots.
But before we get to Saul’s days working with the drug trafficking world, we can enjoy thinking about a more simple time – working out of the back room of a nail salon where cucumber water is only for customers!
Cucumber Mint Cocktail (Yield: 1 cocktail)
2 oz. of white rum (or substitute vodka)
2 slices of cucumber, plus 2 more slices for garnish
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp fresh mint, plus additional to garnish
Sparkling water to top off
Squeeze of lemon or lime
- Infuse white rum (or vodka) with 2 slices of cucumber for 3-5 minutes.
- Muddle sugar, mint, and a splash of infused white rum in a shaker.
- Add rest of the infused rum to shaker and shake with ice.
- Pour over ice, top off with sparkling water.
- Garnish with cucumber slices, fresh mint, and a splash of lemon or lime.